Planning & Development Assistant based in Alton
Are you looking for your next steps in a Planning and development role? Not sure what that looks like? Does this describe you – passionate about sustainable land management and rural development, seeking a rewarding role where you can contribute to shaping the future of agriculture and rural communities? If so, then this could be the career move you have been looking for!
This established farming and rural property business, celebrating over 200 years of history with a steadfast commitment to innovation and excellence, is dedicated to making a positive impact on the world around them and is looking for a Planning and Development Assistant with the same ideals.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Provide support to Head of Planning and Development
- Assist with coordinating the preparation of planning applications, appeals, and development proposals,
- Conduct research and analysis to support planning projects,
- Liaise with external consultants, local authorities, and stakeholders to ensure project success,
- Discharge planning conditions,
- Stay updated with the latest planning regulations and policies,
- Preparing reports, presentations, and other materials for meetings and presentations.
- Conducting site visits and inspections as needed.
- Providing administrative support to the planning and development team as required.
Things we’d love to see from you:
- A bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, environmental studies, or a related field – if you had a placement year during your degree – even better!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating willingness to get involved in the wider business.
- Knowledge of planning regulations and procedures would be ideal.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial acumen, able to analyse numbers and data.
If you pride yourself on being efficient, with outstanding organisational skills and high attention to detail we want you! Of course, we want someone who is professional, a flexible thinker with good initiative and a can-do attitude but how will those skills serve you in this role? Well… we would love to develop you. We encourage ideas and willingness to learn – we want you to challenge us – in a positive way and push us to help you grow.
With the right team we can offer a supportive and inclusive work environment where your contributions are valued and recognized. If you have felt like you are just a number in a team and you want the opportunity to be mentored and helped you advance to the next step in your career – then get in touch for a chat or apply today! Help us to shape your future as well as the future of land management.
This is an office based, permanent role paying £30,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience and qualifications. Working hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with 30 mins lunch break.