Senior IT Support Engineer role in Newcastle
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: up to 33k
Our client is a prestigious digital agency in Newcastle Upon Tyne who offer and deliver complex software solutions to a large international client base. They are seeking a Senior Support Engineer to join their innovative IT team. In this role you will ensure high quality 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support throughout the business for our employees and clients.
If you are a focused and collaborative individual with a passion for IT, then you will love this role.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide support up to and including 3rd line.
- Maintain end user hardware and software for optimal performance.
- Maintain the asset management system, ensuring that all current and future hardware / software is included and is up-to-date.
- Take part in carrying out daily and monthly IT checks, logging any issues in the IT Ticketing system.
- Follow change management policies and procedures for any changes carried out.
- Create and maintain documentation for all systems, both technical for distribution among the IT Team and non-technical for end-users.
- Support with staff training, both technical and non-technical where required.
- Always work with Information Security in mind and ensure that all work performed is inline with our Information Security policies and procedures.
- Report any Information Security breaches.
- Actively monitor key systems and ensure that services delivered meet SLAs.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about IT, particularly interested in developing additional skills and keeping knowledge up to date.
- Good communicator both in person and in writing, able to explain complex IT information in simple terms.
- Experience with various hypervisors, including installation and maintenance and management of core components.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies.
- Experience working within a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Experience working with Linux, including general server administration via CLI.
- Good understanding of security technologies and their application within a business.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Able to follow instructions and use own initiative when needed, recognises when to ask for support from other members of the team.
- Willingness to take on non traditional IT tasks, such as supporting their clients who utilise their services.
- Significant experience managing work via a ticketing system and working within defined SLAs.
- Confident in supporting employees to resolve IT issues and interacting with clients in writing.
- Comprehensive onboarding process
- International Travel
- Social life
- Christmas Holidays
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Comprehensive wellbeing policy
- Quarterly review process
- Life Assurance
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in simply click “apply” and one of our consultants will contact you to get things rolling.