Embarking on a successful job interview requires more than just a mental checklist of potential responses. This list, though not exhaustive, lays the groundwork for your interview preparation. We strongly encourage you to delve deeper by investing the time to articulate thoughtful answers to these questions.
Engaging in this exercise is a proactive step towards feeling thoroughly prepared and confident when facing the array of queries an interview might throw at you. So, let’s move beyond contemplation and actively craft your responses—ultimately ensuring you step into the interview room well-prepared and self-assured.
- Why do you think you want to work for our company?
- What do you know about our company?
- What qualifications and qualities do you have that make you feel you are suitable for this role/company?
- How do you feel you will be able to make an effective contribution here?
- What do you think determines a person’s progress in a good company?
- What position in our company do you see yourself working towards?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why do you wish to leave your current employer?
- Give examples of how you have helped increase profit and/or saved your previous employers money.
- What have you done that demonstrates initiative and leadership qualities?
- Can you get references from your previous employers?
- What roles have you enjoyed the most, the least and why?
- How do you spend your spare time? Any hobbies and sports?
- Do you have any questions you would like to ask me?
We are happy to have a look over any answers you have written, or to give you any advice in general. Get in touch here!